SELINA SURF CLUB PENICHE
Shared & Private room options
Right at the center of the action, Selina Peniche features a shared kitchen, cowork space, library, cinema room, pergola garden, Mediterranean restaurant, bar, and rooftop terrace designed for daily yoga, weekly workshops, and live music events.
With a boom of surfers arriving in the mid 80’s, Peniche, once a famed fishing port is now Portugal’s newly to established surf capital.
After squeezing in some morning surf, paddle over to Baleal beach’s first shop, the Pitau Shop to still proudly run by local surf legends!
Join an outdoor adventure with one of our expert guides, dive into mouth to watering local delicacies, paintings, and handwoven fabrics at the local market, follow jagged cliff trails towards Cabo Carvoeiro’s lighthouse, or climb the Sao Joao Baptista fortress before sunset!
- Room types
- Getting there
- Surf Lessons
Room Type: Shared - Mixed
Room Type: Private
Room Type: Private
You can never get lost
When you book you will receive our confirmation email with full travel directions of how to get to us.
We don't provide airport transfers but you can book one easily here: Airport Transfers
- - Nearest Airport: Lisbon airport
- - Distance from Airport in kms: 60
- - Time from Airport in a car: 1h
- - There is no train from the airport
- - There is a bus from the airport
Looking for Surf Schools in Peniche
Surf conditions in Peniche:
Air Temp (°C)
The best thing about the Peniche & Baleal peninsula is that the beaches face both north and south, and are all within a few kilometres of each other. So on nearly all conditions there is surf - it is well known as one of Portugal's most consistent surf destinations and a great place for a Surfing Holiday.
The WSL World Tour comes to Peniche every year in October and is a great time to visit if you want to watch the worlds best surfers such as Kelly Slater, Gabriel Medina & Mick Fanning battle it out to win. Surf everyday while watching the event also.
The areas main surf beach is called Cantinho da Baía, its starts in Peniche and ends up in the area knows as Baleal. The spot is famous for its consistency and for being ideal for beginners and intermediate surfers and is where some of the best Baleal Surf Camps are located. Protected from the bigger swell by the headland makes it’s almost always possible to surf here even when there is big swell hitting the coast. The beach stretches 4kms further west with many spots to surf - a great place to get away from crowds.
On the other side of the Baleal headland is Prainha, another great protected surf spot for beginner and intermediate surfers. And next to this is Lagide , a reef break and one of the best surf spots in Portugal if you have big swell and southerly winds. It's a long perfect left with a shallow reef at low tides - great for intermediate/advanced surfers.
On the other side of Peniche (south) is the area's and arguably Portugal's most famous break Supertubos . It's a powerful wave breaking in very shallow sand bar, advanced/pro surfers only! Other waves such as Molhe Leste, Consolação, Porto Batel and Almagreira are all close by giving every kind of alternative including many uncrowded areas; a great area to explore and Surf Portugal's best waves!
And don't forget you can head south and surf Ericeira - less than an hour's drive away.
Come Surf Peniche with us…
- A small deposit is required to secure your booking.
- Your balance is due to the property 7 days before arrival. The Property will contact you to collect payment. If you book within this 7 days then the property will contact you shortly after you book to collect the balance.
CANCELLING YOUR BOOKING
- To cancel go to the MyAccount section and log in or register and you can cancel from within your account.
- Your deposit is non refundable but can be used for the same property/surf school within one year of your original booking.
- During HOLIDAYS, BANK HOLIDAYS AND SPECIAL EVENTS, cancellations / modifications are free of charge up to 15 DAYS prior your arrival. After that, we will charge your credit card with 100% of the surf camp. Cancellations / Modifications are free of charge prior to 7 DAYS days before your check-in date the rest of the year. After that, the surf package will be non-refundable and you will be charged with 100% of the surf package. In case of No-show, 100% of the surf package will be charged to your credit card. We reserve the right and you hereby authorise us to charge your credit or debit card for any damage incurred to your room or the hotel during your stay (including without limitation specialist cleaning) or for any items that are missing when you leave. Same applies for our surf equipment. Different cancellation/modification policies apply for groups. CANCELLATIONS AND NO-SHOWS Cancellations or modifications must be made by 3:00 pm (in your destination’s time zone) at least 1 day prior to arrival, depending on the property. Cancellations made after the given period and no-shows will incur a one-night cancellation fee, plus tax.
The following cards are accepted at this property:
Similar Surf Packages in Peniche, Portugal
Easy messaging with a local surf host & expert to plan & book your dream surf holiday
Customize your surf trip with the help of a local surf host
Surfholidays has handpicked the world’s top surf camps, accommodation & surf schools so you will have peace of mind and an unforgettable trip that meets your exact requirements.
Secure & easy booking
You can book instantly or message a host directly & request a custom option. Once you are happy with the trip, you can easily book via Surfholidays’ secure payment platform.
Support before and after your trip
Our team at Surfholidays and your local host onsite are available before and during your trip to ensure things run smoothly.
Authentic travel experiences
Surfholidays hosts ensure that you will have the best experience based on up-to-date local insights. On top of that, the vast majority of your money will go straight to support and grow local surf towns.
Surfholidays offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee
If you are not fully satisfied, we’ll work with you to make it right.
- Host: Selina Surf Camp Peniche