Surf Holidays is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
What we collect
When completing a booking, signing up to our e-mail newsletter, adding feedback or entering any other personal details within this website, we may collect the following information:
- Full Name
- Phone number, email address, town and country location
- Whether you are a solo, couple, family traveller or travelling with a group
- From what marketing source you heard about us
- Other information relevant to your booking e.g. Surf level
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To contact if need be you regarding a booking you have made
- To give the host that you have booked with the correct information to contact you and to assess what accommodation/surf classes suit your needs best
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
Accessing and controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes. If there is no check box, then your data will not be used for marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us.
- When you sign up to receive our E-mail Newsletters, all data will be stored within our chosen email marketing software Mail Chimp. Please visit their website should you require information on their data protection policy: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
- General website enquiries and any other data entered on to the website will be stored on the website database and are email to ourselves and may be stored on within our email client.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of 2018. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please emailing us. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. Or remove any data you no longer wish for us to obtain.
A cookie is a small file which is stored on your computer?s hard drive. Cookies help us analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular part of the site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies within your web browser. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of this website.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
You can at any time contact us to:
- Request access to information that Surf Holidays has about you.
- Correct any information that Surf Holidays has about you.
- Delete any information that Surf Holidays has about you.
Please contact us at:
Surf Holidays Head Office, 1st Floor 41 Donnybrook Road, Dublin 4, Ireland
+353 1 482 2828