Silken Amara Plaza
A modern building, the work of the renowned architect Peña Ganchegui. Its bold exterior and advanced technology contrast with an interior in harmony with the elegance of San Sebastián.
A nice walk along the river will lead you to La Zurriola Beach and one of the nicest neighbourhoods in the city to taste its famous Pintxos.
The main premise of the SILKEN AMARA PLAZA HOTEL is customer service, offering comfort, quality service and attention to detail in a comfortable setting.
Free WIFI access
Direct access to Plaza Pio XII Parking (Floors to 2 and to 3)
Located at the entrance of the city, it is the start of a stunning walk by the riverside to the bay of "La Concha", "La zurriola" beach for surfers or to the "Old Town" and "Gros district" where you can try some of the tasty ’pintxos’ made with local products
The property is close to the old town and the famous Kursaal Conference Centre; Thus, this is the ideal choice of accommodation either when travelling on business or leisure.
- Room types
- Getting there
- Surf Lessons
Additional Fees:Parking: 19€ (24 hours)
Extras:Extra bed: 34€ per night
Late check out (4PM): 30€
You can never get lost
When you book you will receive our confirmation email with full travel directions of how to get to us.
We don't provide airport transfers but you can book one easily here: Airport Transfers
- - Nearest Airport: Biarritz
- - Distance from Airport in kms: 48kms
- - Time from Airport in a car: 40 min
- - There is a train from the airport
- - There is a bus from the airport
In the booking steps you can add surf lessons from any of our certified surf school partners below.
- The surf school will either pick you up at your accommodation or meet you at the nearest beach as detail in their profile below.
- The surf school will always contact you the day before to arrange the exact time of your lesson and meet up details.
- Due to changing tides & conditions exact surf lesson times are not decided until the day before.
- The full contact details of our surf school partners are included in your confirmation voucher
- All our surf school partners are certified with their countries National Surfing Association
Looking for Surf Schools in San Sebastian
Surf conditions in San Sebastian:
Air Temp (°C)
San Sebastian is home to one of the most consistent beach breaks in Spain...La Zurriola. Located on the east side of this beautiful city, La Zurriola runs for 800 metres. San Sebastian surf lessons usually take place here. It's a perfect beginners spot and a great place to relax and chill out after a surf. The beach has great facilities including showers, volley ball, restaurants and cafés. It is surrounded by the stunning Monte Ijeldo and Monte Urgull mountains. The beach can pick up a lot of swell and is great for the more advanced also.
The town's other beach La Concha lies on the West side of the city. It's a sun bathing beach but next to it is Onderatta beach, there is a nice mellow beachbreak here.
East and west of the city you will find beach after beach to explore and surf - the water stays warm until the end of September thanks to the weather that the Bay of Biscay receives. San Sebastian is only a 30 minute drive from Biarritz, a direct bus will take you there in just over an hour - another great destination to surf and explore.
Spain's main surf town, Zarautz, is only 20kms West of San Sebastian, an easy train ride away...another great place with a 2.5km surf beach.
The Basque area offers a huge array of surf breaks waiting to be explored.
Come Surf San Sebastian with us…
- A small deposit is required to secure your booking.
- Your balance is due at check in.
CANCELLING YOUR BOOKING
- To cancel go to the MyAccount section and log in or register and you can cancel from within your account.
- Your deposit is non refundable but can be used for the same property/surf school within one year of your original booking.
- You can cancel anytime up to midday the day before and you will not be charged the balance.
The following cards are accepted at this property:
Similar Surf Packages in San Sebastian, Spain
Easy messaging with a local surf host & expert to plan & book your dream surf holiday
Customize your surf trip with the help of a local surf host
Surfholidays has handpicked the world’s top surf camps, accommodation & surf schools so you will have peace of mind and an unforgettable trip that meets your exact requirements.
Secure & easy booking
You can book instantly or message a host directly & request a custom option. Once you are happy with the trip, you can easily book via Surfholidays’ secure payment platform.
Support before and after your trip
Our team at Surfholidays and your local host onsite are available before and during your trip to ensure things run smoothly.
Authentic travel experiences
Surfholidays hosts ensure that you will have the best experience based on up-to-date local insights. On top of that, the vast majority of your money will go straight to support and grow local surf towns.
Surfholidays offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee
If you are not fully satisfied, we’ll work with you to make it right.
- Host: Raúl