Aloha y Olas Surf Academy Famara
Our school has been teaching since 1999 in Venezuela, Tamarindo CR and now in Lanzarote. We specialized in a personalized teaching and coaching skills. Our head instructor has been an Amateur and Professional Competitor in Venezuela, Panama, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Perú, Ecuador, Brazil, California (USA) and Portugal. Our group lessons have maximum 5 persons, given a closed touch between instructor and students. We warranty stands up in first day and a big smile wanting for more waves.
- Kids Surf
- Beginner Surf
- Intermediate Surf
- Advanced Surf
- Private Surf
- Getting There
- Due to changing tides exact surf lesson start times are not decided until the week of your lesson.
- After you book we will contact you the week of your lesson to tell you your lessons start time.
We offer surf lesson for kids aged from 6 to 14. Each lesson can be from 2 hours hours per day, includes hidratation, fruits and the equipment ( surfboard and wetsuit). We ask the parents to be close by. We meet at the school and from there we go to the beach. Safety and Fun is our big priorities. Student ratio 1:5
We offer begginers surf lessons of 3 hours per day. The equipment is included (wetsuit ans surfboard), hidratation and fruits. The beginner lessons is taught in waist deep water. Learning safety skills, standing techniques on the sand and then in the water you will practices all these plus paddeling and catching a "green" (unbroken) wave. Available for kids. Student ratio 1:5.
We meet at the school and from there to the beach. Each day includes 3 hour per day, equipment (surfboard, wetsuit), hidratacion and fruits. We have an Instructor for every 5 student. You will learn to improved your surfing, with guidance and advices that will help you up and riding the waves from the very first day, as well as how weather conditions create surf and tides,
We meet at the school and from there to the beach. Each day includes 3 hour per day, equipment (surfboard, wetsuit), hidratacion and fruits. We have an Instructor for every 5 student. You will learn to improved your surfing, with guidance and advices , as well as how weather conditions create surf , tides, to read the wave you are ridding and to choose the wave.
Our offer includes equipment( board and wetsuit), hidratation, fruits and 2 hours of lesson per day. One instructor for maximum 2 persons. The time can be choosen between you and the instructor depending on your schedule and wheathe conditions, tide, etc. It is offer for all levels.
Prices from 01 January to 31 December
|Prices per person||1 Day||2 Days||3 Days||4 Days||5 Days|
|Kids Surf Lessons||€45||€45||€85||€125||€165|
|Beginner Surf Lessons||€55||€110||€150||€200||€250|
|Intermediate Surf Lessons||€55||€110||€150||€200||€250|
|Advanced Surf Lessons||€55||€110||€150||€200||€250|
|Private Surf Lessons
Prices per person
- We pick you up from a central meeting point and take you to the beach
Surf conditions in Lanzarote:
Air Temp (°C)
The best waves occur in the north half of Lanzarote. The Island has consistent year round surf and 22 degree plus sunshine meaning you don't need a thick wetsuit and in the summer you can get by in a shortie or even just shorts!
Lessons often occur on the Lanzarote's most reliable surf beach, Playa de Famara, on the north west coast of the island. A beautiful white sand beach that stretches for 6km and is surrounded by the stunning Famara mountain range. Another great beginners area is the north east of the island in Arrieta.
Surfing Lanzarote is all about the north part of the island. The area from Playa de Famara to La Santa has been described by the Stromriders Surf Guide as "one of the best surf locations in Europe!" This stretch of Lanzarote picks up all the north and west swells and contains a mix of surf breaks facing numerous different directions. So no matter what way the wind is blowing there will always be a range of peaks to surf.
The more intermediate/ advance area is 'El Centro' in La Santa, in the north west and not far from Famara, it’s a solid reef break, best at high tide.
Travel around the north of the island and you will find many different breaks including some world class 'lava reefs'. Each September the WSL World Tour comes to town with the 6 star prime event. The worlds best surfers compete for the €125,000 in prize money.
Come Surf Lanzarote with us...
- A small deposit is required to secure your booking.
- Your balance is due when you arrive at the beach.
- To cancel go to the MyAccount section and log in or register and you can cancel from within your account.
- Your deposit is non refundable but can be used for the same property/surf school within one year of your original booking.
- CANCELLATION POLICY 1.- If the customer decides to cancel the booking, they must notify ALOHA Y OLAS at least fithteen (15) days prior to the proposed arrival date. 2.- If the client fails to notify ALOHA Y OLAS about the cancellation fithteen (15) days prior to the booking date, the client will not be entitled to reimbursement of the amount paid. In this case the deposit will be kept for a future reservation within a period not exceeding one year, during which the student can select a new date for the completition of the course and surf camp depending on availability. 4.- ALOHA Y OLAS states that with the payment of the deposit both parties agree on the conditions that have been exposed in the final e-mail, or have been discussed by telephone or text. Modifications can be made upon the arrival to the school but they can never be inferior to the original booking in number of clients, days or price. Otherwise, ALOHA Y OLAS reserves the right to refund the money. CANCELLATION OF ACTIVITIES DUE TO WEATHER ISSUES OR LACK OF CONDITIONS: 1.- If booked activity (Surfing) is cancelled due to weather conditions (heavy rain or extreme wind) or lack of appropriate conditions for the practice of such activities ALOHA Y OLAS will offer the client the following possibilities: .- Change of date for the booked activity. .- If the customer cannot change the dates they will be offered a voucher equivalent to the price of the booked activity valid for 1 year from the date of issue.
What happens if the surf school cancel the Surf Lessons?
In the rare occasion that conditions do not allow for the surf lesson to go ahead you will be given a full refund.
The following cards are accepted on site:
Why use Surfholidays.com?
24/7 Support – phone & email
20,000 booked since 2009
Best price guarantee
Flexible payment: Only a deposit is needed to book
Flexible cancellation conditions
Manage your bookings online
You're in control of your booking. No registration is required.
Your booking is secure & details are protected by a secure connection.