A House in the Woods Sintra
Our house in the woods is surrounded by Sintra to Cascais Natural Park. This house was originally part of a farmhouse, renovated to be a charm and cosy home in the middle of the forest. With a private garden and access to the swimming pool of the main house here you can spend a peaceful time alone, with friends or family. Halfway between Sintra and Cascais, the location is ideal for those who would like to explore Sintra to Cascais Natural Park (Serra de Sintra) by bike or on foot.
Surf beaches nearby:
Praia Grande beach to 5 minutes drive away
Adraga beach to 2 minutes drive away
Guincho beach to 15 minutes drive away
Ericeira to 30 minutes drive away
Almoçageme is the nearest village. Being halfway between Sintra and Cascais is an advantage for those who would like to visit both places. Nearby is Almoçageme Typical Food Market, Adraga beach, Cape Roca (Western Point of Europe), Peninha Sanctuary and Capuchos Convent. Other regions to explore include Praia Grande beach, Magoito beach, Azenhas do Mar and Ericeira beach. Sintra Village is located 10km away (15 minutes drive), Cascais village 16km away (25 minutes drive) and Guincho beach 12km (15 minutes). To get to Lisbon it takes about 45 minutes by car.
- Room types
- Getting there
- Surf Lessons
Additional Fees:Cleaning fee 20€
Bed linen and towels fee 20€
Extras:Extra bed when more than 4 people 30€/person/night
Room Type: Private
The house has one floor. It has a kitchen, a living room with sofa to bed and two toilets (one with shower). The bedroom has a sea view. At a mezzanine level there is a double bed. There is an independent entrance to the house and the windows open to the garden. The sound of the trees and the singing birds is all you will hear while you are here. What makes this space unique? The peace, quiet and closeness to Mother Nature.
You can never get lost
When you book you will receive our confirmation email with full travel directions of how to get to us.
We provide Airport Transfers from and to Lisbon and they can be booked in the booking steps.
- Price for 1-4 people: €60
- Price for more than 4: €80
- - Nearest Airport: Lisbon
- - Distance from Airport in kms:
- - Time from Airport in a car: 40 minutes
- - There is no train from the airport
- - There is no bus from the airport
In the booking steps you can add surf lessons from any of our certified surf school partners below.
- The surf school will either pick you up at your accommodation or meet you at the nearest beach as detail in their profile below.
- The surf school will always contact you the day before to arrange the exact time of your lesson and meet up details.
- Due to changing tides & conditions exact surf lesson times are not decided until the day before.
- The full contact details of our surf school partners are included in your confirmation voucher
- All our surf school partners are certified with their countries National Surfing Association
Looking for Surf Schools in Sintra
Surf conditions in Sintra:
Air Temp (°C)
Sintra's two main beaches are Praia das Macas and Praia Grande. Both are perfect beginner/intermediate beaches and are some of the most consistent surf beaches in the whole Lisbon-Sintra area. North and South of these beaches are many small coves and beautiful hidden beaches that provide any exploring surfer with plenty to get excited about!
Close by is Praia Guincho, a spectacular long beach with different peaks, perfect for learning and can get big and windy in the afternoon, so morning is always the best bet here.
Ericeira is only 30 minutes drive and is definitely worth a day trip at least, it has dozens of surf beaches to offer including the famous point break Ribeira D'Ilhas and also the relaibale beach break Foz do Lizandro.
Further South is Cascais and Lisbon with an endless supply of different surf beaches for all standards.
Come Surf Sintra with us!
- A small deposit is required to secure your booking.
- Your balance is due to the property 30 days before arrival. The Property will contact you to collect payment. If you book within this 30 days then the property will contact you shortly after you book to collect the balance.
CANCELLING YOUR BOOKING
- To cancel go to the MyAccount section and log in or register and you can cancel from within your account.
- Your deposit is non refundable but can be used for the same property/surf school within one year of your original booking.
- You can cancels anytime up to 7 days before travelling and you be refunded the balance.
Similar Surf Packages in Sintra, Portugal
Easy messaging with a local surf host & expert to plan & book your dream surf holiday
Customize your surf trip with the help of a local surf host
Surfholidays has handpicked the world’s top surf camps, accommodation & surf schools so you will have peace of mind and an unforgettable trip that meets your exact requirements.
Secure & easy booking
You can book instantly or message a host directly & request a custom option. Once you are happy with the trip, you can easily book via Surfholidays’ secure payment platform.
Support before and after your trip
Our team at Surfholidays and your local host onsite are available before and during your trip to ensure things run smoothly.
Authentic travel experiences
Surfholidays hosts ensure that you will have the best experience based on up-to-date local insights. On top of that, the vast majority of your money will go straight to support and grow local surf towns.
Surfholidays offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee
If you are not fully satisfied, we’ll work with you to make it right.
- Host: Diogo