SELINA SURF CLUB SANTA TERESA SOUTH
Explore our Available Surf Packages
Private & Shared room options
Tucked away by the shores of Playa Carmen, unwind in total seclusion at Selina Santa Teresa South. Spend time riding waves on local surf breaks, venture out on a canopy tour in the nearby Mal Pais forest, or set sail on a snorkeling trip to Tortuga Island. If you’re looking for a bite to eat, our hotel sits right in the center of Playa Carmen’s colorful and multicultural town, so no matter what flavors you’re craving, there are plenty of authentic restaurants to keep your taste buds tingling.
Wake up and restore your body in a vinyasa class before sitting down to a healthy breakfast. Stroll over to the beach and relax in the tide pools, or wander through the Cabo Blanco Nature Reserve and spot a range of vibrant birds with our expert guides. Spend the afternoon hanging out by the pool, tick off some tasks in our comfortable CoWork, and catch the cotton to candy sunset with a cold beer down at the beach.
Surfing is arguably the biggest highlight of Santa Teresa, with many of its beaches presenting a thrill for both novices and experts all year round. The best time of the year to hit the waves here is during the green season, between May and August. This period features bigger swells, with July bringing the biggest.
Nestled on the tip of the Nicoya Peninsula, Santa Teresa is a maverick and wellness hotspot, attracting nature and fitness enthusiasts to its quintessential jungle to backed beach town. Things to do in Santa Teresa range from surfing to snorkeling, birdwatching to hiking, scuba diving to yoga lessons, waterfall trips, and exploring neighboring islands.
Wake up and enjoy a fresh breakfast in our restaurant before practicing your surf skills on some of Santa Teresa’s most beautiful beaches. Spend your afternoon on land and trek to Cabuya and Montezuma’s most breathtaking natural waterfalls, or channel your inner to explorer with a trip to Tortuga Island. Back at Selina, unwind by the pool, sip on a refreshing craft beer, and socialize with an eclectic mix of travelers late into the night.
- Room types
- Getting there
- Surf Lessons
Additional Fees:**FOR GUESTS STAYING IN DORMITORIES
There is a small towel fee for around USD $10.00, and the deposit will be refunded once the towel is returned at check-out. Also, guests in dormitories will be charged a small key deposit of USD $6.00, and it will be refunded once the key is returned at check-out.
Room Type: Private
A classic stay: affordable, comfortable, and private. Our standard option provides two guests with the ideal space to comfortably unwind in total privacy.
Room Type: Private
Similar to a ship or train cabin, this is our most basic sleeping solution. Compact and modest, the micro room is perfect if you’re looking for a place to sleep and a small area to store your belongings. The bathroom is shared between up to 4 micro rooms.
Room Type: Shared - Mixed
A bed in a Community Room offers security, comfort, and the chance to connect with fellow travelers. You’ll receive a twin size bed or bunk bed, an individual storage locker, and access to a shared bathroom.
You can never get lost
When you book you will receive our confirmation email with full travel directions of how to get to us.
We don't provide airport transfers but you can book one easily here: Airport Transfers
- - Nearest Airport: Tambor
- - Distance from Airport in kms: 28
- - Time from Airport in a car: 1:00 Hour
- - There is no train from the airport
- - There is a bus from the airport
Looking for Surf Schools in Santa Teresa
Surf conditions in Santa Teresa:
Air Temp (°C)
Surf beaches around Santa Teresa
Playa El Carmen is the most popular spot in this laid back Santa Teresa surf area. It is an excellent open beach break for all standards. Surfing Playa Santa Teresa is a mix of sand and volcanic rock which create some barrel riding waves. Hermosa offers gentler waves, an excellent spot for beginners.
Air temperature in Santa Teresa is the same year round 32°C. The seasons can be divided in two: From December to April you have the Dry Season, and from May to November the Wet Season. The busiest time for tourism in Costa Rica is the Dry Season.
Santa Teresa is a year round surf destinations. From April to October is the larger swell season. From December to March waves are smaller but nice and clean, usually around 4 foot and it is probably the best time to stay at a Santa Teresa Surf Camp. The Wind is not usually a major factor and glassy offshore conditions are usually best in the morning.
The area has dozens of waves off the beaten track waiting to be explored and surfed from Manzanillo in the north and around to Montezuma on the other side. Come Surf Santa Teresa with us...
- A small deposit is required to secure your booking.
- Your balance is due to the property 7 days before arrival. The Property will contact you to collect payment. If you book within this 7 days then the property will contact you shortly after you book to collect the balance.
CANCELLING YOUR BOOKING
- To cancel go to the MyAccount section and log in or register and you can cancel from within your account.
- Your deposit is non refundable but can be used for the same property/surf school within one year of your original booking.
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS Check-in is at 3:00 PM. If you arrive in the early morning you'll be more than welcome to chill in the common spaces, have some breakfast, use all of our facilities or just store your luggage with us and go exploring around the town while you wait for your room to be ready Check out is at 11:00 AM, but we will keep your bags for free all day long if you need us to Smoking is not allowed inside bedrooms. In case you omit this rule $300 USD fine will be applied for smoking. AGE RESTRICTIONS Guests must be 18 years or older to stay in shared dorms. Please ask us for our children policy Please ask us for our pets policy CANCELLATION POLICY Cancellations or modifications must be made by 3:00 pm (in your destination’s time zone) at least 3 days prior to arrival, depending on the property. Cancellations made after the given period and no-shows will incur a one-night cancellation fee, plus tax. BOOKING CONDITIONS To fully confirm the booking we ask for a credit card number as guarantee. A deposit will be charged to this credit card (30%) and the rest can be paid upon check in. Until the deposit is not charged, the booking is not confirmed. This deposit will be refundable if cancellation policies apply. CANCELLATION / MODIFICATION During HOLIDAYS, BANK HOLIDAYS AND SPECIAL EVENTS, cancellations / modifications are free of charge up to 15 DAYS prior your arrival. After that, we will charge your credit card with 100% of the surf camp (including tax). Cancellations / Modifications are free of charge prior to 7 DAYS days before your check-in date the rest of the year. After that, the surf package will be non-refundable and you will be charged with 100% of the surf package. In case of No-show, 100% of the surf package will be charged to your credit card. We reserve the right and you hereby authorize us to charge your credit or debit card for any damage incurred to your room or the hotel during your stay (including without limitation specialist cleaning) or for any items that are missing when you leave. Same applies for our surf equipment. Different cancellation/modification policies apply for groups.
The following cards are accepted at this property:
Similar Surf Packages in Santa Teresa, Costa Rica
Easy messaging with a local surf host & expert to plan & book your dream surf holiday
Customize your surf trip with the help of a local surf host
Surfholidays has handpicked the world’s top surf camps, accommodation & surf schools so you will have peace of mind and an unforgettable trip that meets your exact requirements.
Secure & easy booking
You can book instantly or message a host directly & request a custom option. Once you are happy with the trip, you can easily book via Surfholidays’ secure payment platform.
Support before and after your trip
Our team at Surfholidays and your local host onsite are available before and during your trip to ensure things run smoothly.
Authentic travel experiences
Surfholidays hosts ensure that you will have the best experience based on up-to-date local insights. On top of that, the vast majority of your money will go straight to support and grow local surf towns.
Surfholidays offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee
If you are not fully satisfied, we’ll work with you to make it right.
- Host: SELINA TEAM